Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Förster
Subject Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Ron,

> On 22. Sep, 2024, at 16:11, Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The real question is why nobody notices it in other RDBMSs like Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.

The answer is simple for Oracle: It includes a whole zoo of locale mappings and uses each one as it is needed. This is
oneof the many things with Oracle that only grows over time but does never get smaller again.

I suspect it's similar with MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server and others. Only PostgreSQL has no such thing as a local
inventoryand relies on either glibc or ICU.

Cheers,
Paul