Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Förster
Subject Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Joe

> On 22. Sep, 2024, at 15:47, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>
> Note that moving to ICU might improve things, but there are similar potential issues with ICU as well. The trick
therewould be to get your OS distro provider to maintain the same ICU version across major versions of the distro,
whichis not the case currently. Nor does the PGDG repo do that.

Then I strongly suggest that the PostgreSQL developers develop a fail safe sorting mechanism that holds for generations
oflocale changes.

Cheers,
Paul