Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date
Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
List pgsql-general
On 9/21/24 15:19, Paul Foerster wrote:
> I already expressed the idea of changing all locales to ICU. The
> problem there is that I'd have to create new instances and then move
> each database individually. I wish I could convert already running
> databases… This also takes time. Still, I think I'm going to try
> this route. It's always a gamble if reindexing is needed or not with
> any glibc change.

Note that moving to ICU might improve things, but there are similar
potential issues with ICU as well. The trick there would be to get your
OS distro provider to maintain the same ICU version across major
versions of the distro, which is not the case currently. Nor does the
PGDG repo do that.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team