Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/22/24 09:48, Paul Förster wrote:
> Hi Joe
>
>> On 22. Sep, 2024, at 15:47, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>>
>> Note that moving to ICU might improve things, but there are similar potential issues with ICU as well. The trick
therewould be to get your OS distro provider to maintain the same ICU version across major versions of the distro,
whichis not the case currently. Nor does the PGDG repo do that.

> Then I strongly suggest that the PostgreSQL developers develop a fail safe sorting mechanism that holds for
generationsof locale changes.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/release-17.html#RELEASE-17-HIGHLIGHTS

Add a builtin platform-independent collation provider (Jeff Davis)

This supports C and C.UTF-8 collations.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com