Re: [doc] fix a potential grammer mistake - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erikjan Rijkers
Subject Re: [doc] fix a potential grammer mistake
Date
Re: [doc] fix a potential grammer mistake
List pgsql-hackers
Op 03-08-2022 om 10:10 schreef Junwang Zhao:
> I think in the following sentence, were should be replaced with have,
> what do you think?
>
> ```
>                          /*
> -                        * We were just issued a SAVEPOINT inside a
> transaction block.
> +                        * We have just issued a SAVEPOINT inside a
> transaction block.
>                           * Start a subtransaction.  (DefineSavepoint already did
>                           * PushTransaction, so as to have someplace to
> put the SUBBEGIN
>                           * state.)
> ```

I don't think these  "were"s  are wrong but arguably changing them to
"have" helps non-native speakers (like myself), as it doesn't change the
meaning significantly as far as I can see.

'we were issued' does reflect the perspective of the receiving code a
bit better.

Erik