Re: Latin vs non-Latin words in text search parsing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Latin vs non-Latin words in text search parsing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Oct 23, 2007, at 10:42 , Tom Lane wrote:

> apart_hword    Part of hyphenated word, all ASCII letters
> part_hword    Part of hyphenated word, all letters
> numpart_hword    Part of hyphenated word, mixed letters and digits

Is there a rationale for using these instead of hword_apart,
hword_part and hword_numpart? I find the latter to be more readable
as variable names. Or was your thought to be able to identify the
content from the first part of the variable name?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net