Re: Tab complete for CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tels
Subject Re: Tab complete for CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER statement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-11-18 06:06, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:14:10PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>>> I don't think that this is a requirement for this thread, though.
>>
>> Agreed, I'm not trying to block this patch.  Just wishing
>> there were a better way.
>
> Okay.  I have tweaked a couple of things in the patch and applied it.
> I am wondering if libreadline gives the possibility to implement an
> optional grouping of words to complete, but diving into its
> documentation I have not found something that we could use.

To me the code looks like a prime candidate for "data-driven"
refactoring.

It should be redone as generic code that reads a table of rules with
params and then checks and applies each. Thus the repetitive code would
be replaced by a bit more generic code and a lot of code-free data.

--
Best regards,

Tels