Re: Is postgres ready for 2038? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Borisov
Subject Re: Is postgres ready for 2038?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yes, I agree.

ср, 18 нояб. 2020 г. в 18:44, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> writes:
>> Maybe we need to dig a little more to see what's going on here.

> How about just a mention in the future documentation to never ever define
> _USE_32BIT_TIME_T when compiling PG under Windows? Should be enough, I
> suppose.

Hmm.  Digging around, I see that Mkvcbuild.pm intentionally absorbs
_USE_32BIT_TIME_T when building with a Perl that defines that.
I don't know what the state of play is in terms of Windows Perl
distributions getting off of that, but maybe we should press people
to not be using such Perl builds.