[ODBC] Re: A POSSIBLE BUG: The ODBC standard procedure call ("{ CALLfunction(param) }") is disallowed in ReadOnly ODBC mode whereas "SELECT *FROM function(param)" is let through. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject [ODBC] Re: A POSSIBLE BUG: The ODBC standard procedure call ("{ CALLfunction(param) }") is disallowed in ReadOnly ODBC mode whereas "SELECT *FROM function(param)" is let through.
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Matej,

On 2017/08/25 13:13, Matej Mihelič wrote:
> * A POSSIBLE BUG: The ODBC standard procedure call ("{ CALL function(param) }") is disallowed in ReadOnly ODBC mode
whereas"SELECT * FROM function(param)" is let through.

> Good morning.
>
> Since the ODBC "{CALL..}" statement is translated to a "SELECT..FROM..." this seems like an error.

Thanks.

Honestly I've never worried about Read Only option.
DECLARE/FETCH/CLOSE or WITH( CTE) command had better be allowed too.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue