Re: [ODBC] Connectivity error: Could not convert from the current locale to wide characters - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Andrus
Subject Re: [ODBC] Connectivity error: Could not convert from the current locale to wide characters
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

> Oops sorry, it is Mylog option. in page 1 which should be turned on.
>Probably ODBC trace is useless in this case.

It contains error mentioned message

Could not convert from the current locale to wide characters

Maybe come character in data causes this and it may be visible in this log.

>ISTM You sent me Mylog with global Mylog option is turned on.
>Mylog output with per datasource Mylog option turned on is necessary.

Mylog was turned on in datasource page also.

I tried again. Turned mylog on only in datasource page, disabled UAC in
windows 10 and run application with administrative rights.
After that searched for mylog*.log files in C: drive.
Those files are not created.

My application does not use named datasource. It uses direct connection
string

DRIVER={PostgreSQL
Unicode};DATABASE=somedb;SERVER=localhost;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;Protocol=-0;B9=0;C7=0

Maybe log is not created due to this.

Andrus.