Re: Checking for Presence of Required Libraries Fails duringPostgreSQL Upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Checking for Presence of Required Libraries Fails duringPostgreSQL Upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/1/20 3:39 PM, TalGloz wrote:
> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
>> Why not compile them against 11?
>>
>> Then follow step 5) here:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/pgupgrade.html
>
> Step 5 doesn’t actually say how to compile them during the upgrade process
> it just gives a warning about not to use "CREATE EXTENSION my_lib" because
> this won't effect the target version. Do you mean that I'll have to compile
> them manually to my target PostgreSQL Version?

You haven't said how you installed the various versions of Postgres in
the first place. Bottom line is that the libraries that existed in the
old version need to exist on the new version. If they where not included
as part of the install process them they need to be manually created/added.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com