Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/7/20 9:42 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 12:37 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Taking stock of the situation this morning, most of the buildfarm is
>>> now green. There are three failures, on eelpout (6 hours ago),
>>> fairywren (17 hours ago), and hyrax (3 days, 7 hours ago).
>> fairywren has now done this twice in the pg_validatebackupCheck step:
>>
>> exec failed: Bad address at /home/pgrunner/bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/test/perl/TestLib.pm line 340.
>>  at /home/pgrunner/bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/test/perl/TestLib.pm line 340.
>>
>> I'm a tad suspicious that it needs another perl2host()
>> somewhere, but the log isn't very clear as to where.
>>
>> More generally, I wonder if we ought to be trying to
>> centralize those perl2host() calls instead of sticking
>> them into individual test cases.
>>

> Not sure about that. I'll see if I can run it by hand and get some
> more info. What's quite odd is that jacana (a very similar setup) is
> passing this happily.

OK, tricky, but here's what I did to get this working on fairywren.

First, on Msys2 there is a problem with name mangling. We've had to fix
this before by telling it to ignore certain argument prefixes.

Second, once that was fixed rmdir was failing on the tablespace. On
Windows this is a junction, so unlink is the correct thing to do, I
believe, just as it is on Unix where it's a symlink.

cheers

andrew

Attachment