Re: force justification of columns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject Re: force justification of columns
Date
List pgsql-general
--Thanks for the replies:

--Let me give you an example of what I (believe) need to do.

--Based on a request from the higher ups in the company, they have
designed a table format that has unique properties (the attributes of
the columns).

--One such is a column that is a concatenation of two fields from
another table.  The only thing I'm doing for THAT is:

[example]

select contract || '  ' || client_id_num as new_id from legal_dept

[/example]

But they also put in stipulations that the fields should match what
another vendor has ... and the vendor's table design states that
each column is either right justified or left justified.  AND it
seems to me that the fields are going to be that way because it
appears as such.  BUT there are a few columns that are not
specified ... I was thinking that I'd have to force a justification
for a field to comply with a particular table design from another
company.

*whew*

--Looks like I'm working too hard for no reason, hm?

-X