Re: Shipping database help desperately needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Albertson
Subject Re: Shipping database help desperately needed
Date
List pgsql-general
This guy clearly would not be able to build something himself,
likely would have trouble installing and configuring free
software and likely lacks justification for spending the few
$100K required for a custom site.  His best bet may be to go to
http://store.yahoo.com/ and sign up for a "store".

--- jlr <jraff@home.com> wrote:
> There are hundres of web server side Shopping Cart applications.
> Pick one or have a Web Developer build you one.
> Yes a DB helps for some of this but the large part of the shopping
> cart is
> programming.
> ____________________________________
>
> "Bob" <Bob@CDGuy.biz> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > I am not in any way familiar with spreadsheets, databases etc. But
> I do
> have
> > a problem.
> >
> > I have a website that sells CD-R and CompactFlash, SmartMedia cards
> etc.
> >
> > That's not my problem though. The problem is that I need to be able
> show
> > people what their order is going to cost them when they order it
> and I
> have
> > no idea how to show them how much they will have to pay for
> > postage/shipping.
> >
> > I assume it is a database or spreadsheet of some description that I
> need
> as
> > I have all the info on paper but not on the website.
> >
> > Perhaps it is a shopping cart type thing I need? Is that ASP or
> some other
> > type of buzzword I know nothing of?
> >
> > I hope someone can help a lost soul.
> >
> > Thanks