Re: Simplicity in time/date functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Earl
Subject Re: Simplicity in time/date functions
Date
List pgsql-general
So there you have it folks, I knew there was a logical explanation.
Thanks for clearing that up.  And thanks for everything else that you
guys do as well.

I am also glad to know that my somewhat irrational feature of
CURRENT_DATE() was based at least somewhat in fact.  I lurk on the
HACKERS list (mostly because it is so darn educational), but I never
can be sure if my prejudices have arisen from my own fevered
imagination or from something I read on the list.  As far as I am
concerned, if one of the Core PostgreSQL hackers doesn't like a
particular grammar than it is more than enough reason for this mere
mortal to stay clear the heck away from it :).  There's nothing worse
than having to edit SQL statements that have been working fine for 6
months just because you added a superfluous set of ()'s.

Thanks again,
Jason