Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
Date
Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
List pgsql-hackers
Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> writes:
>> Ugh, I guess so. Or how about changing the message itself to use
>> INFO, like we already do in QueuePartitionConstraintValidation?

> Fine for me. But year ago this was implemented in my patch and Tom voted against using INFO level for such purpose:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1142.1520362313%40sss.pgh.pa.us

What I thought then was that you didn't need the message at all,
at any debug level.  I still think that.  It might have been useful
for development purposes but it does not belong in committed code.
INFO (making it impossible for anybody to not have the message
in-their-face) is right out.