Re: Postgres perl module namespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Postgres perl module namespace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/21 10:13 PM, Mark Dilger wrote:

>> On Aug 10, 2021, at 7:11 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>
>> If we were publishing them on CPAN that would be reasonable. But we're
>> not, nor are we likely to, I believe.
> I'm now trying to understand the purpose of the renaming.  I thought the problem was that RPM packagers wanted
somethingthat was unlikely to collide.  Publishing on CPAN would be the way to claim the namespace.

> What's the purpose of this idea then?  If there isn't one, I'd rather just keep the current names.

Yes we want them to be in a namespace where they are unlikely to collide
with anything else. No, you don't have to publish on CPAN to achieve that.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan