Re: Postgres perl module namespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Postgres perl module namespace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/21 9:25 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 11:02:13AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> I can live with that. I guess to be consistent we would also rename
>> PostgresVersion to PgVersion
> Are RewindTest.pm and SSLServer.pm things you are considering for a
> renaming as well?  It may be more consistent to put everything in the
> same namespace if this move is done.

It could be very easily done. But I doubt these will make their way into
packages, which is how this discussion started. There's good reason to
package src/test/perl, so you can use those modules to write TAP tests
for extensions. The same reasoning doesn't apply to SSLServer.pm and
RewindTest.pm.

cheers

andrew

--