Re: pg_locks view and user locks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: pg_locks view and user locks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I said some time ago that I would pester contrib authors about fixing
> license issues, but it still hasn't gotten to the top of my to-do list
:-(
> AFAIK nothing at all has been done on this score.
>
> If Merlin is hot about contrib/userlock right now, he's welcome to try
> to contact the original author and get this dealt with.
>
> The point about not importing documentation from a mislicensed contrib
> module is valid IMHO.

I'll try to contact the author and see what comes up.  Supposing the
userlock module is re-licensed (or a suitable replacement is contributed
and accepted), is there any merit to:

Promoting the user lock wrappers out of contrib (plus fleshing them out
a bit)?
Adjusting the pg_locks view to return the user lock specific information
(or, as Alvaro suggested, to add a new view)?
A general documentation update wrt user locks?

Merlin