Re: pg_locks view and user locks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_locks view and user locks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> ... is there any merit to promoting the user lock wrappers out of contrib

Dunno.  Yours is the first message I can recall in quite a long time
indicating that anyone was using userlocks.  I thought the code was kind
of dying on the vine.  Of course it's hard to tell whether that's not
just *because* it's in contrib and not mainstream.  But personally I'd
like to see some more evidence of use before we promote it.  (And yeah,
the API could probably use some cleanup first.)