Re: pg_locks view and user locks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_locks view and user locks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> That's the whole problem.  I don't think anyone objects to the user lock
> principle, but as long as it's GPL, we won't support it.  It was
> probably a mistake to accept this module in the first place.  I believe
> some people have been trying to get the module relicensed, but that
> evidently never happened.

I said some time ago that I would pester contrib authors about fixing
license issues, but it still hasn't gotten to the top of my to-do list :-(
AFAIK nothing at all has been done on this score.

If Merlin is hot about contrib/userlock right now, he's welcome to try
to contact the original author and get this dealt with.

The point about not importing documentation from a mislicensed contrib
module is valid IMHO.