Re: Some info needed to advocate - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Some info needed to advocate
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Francois Suter wrote:
> - are there native PostgreSQL drivers for Delphi and Crystal Reports?
> The people would like to avoid using ODBC.

Delphi: Yes.  Check out ZeosLib (http://www.zeoslib.net).  These are
exactly what you need.

Crystal Reports: not sure.  I use Ace Reporter, which frankly is
fantastic, but for Crystal Reports maybe somebody else can help you with
that information.

> - about the planned Windows native version: is it going to be exactly
> the same or are there going to be some missing functionalities, what
> with it running on Windows and not Unix? Are there any major issues
> that can be expected?

The windows port should be just fine, but expect a long beta period
before all the issues are worked out, I expect at least 6 months.

In the meantime I suggest using cygwin or Interix.

Merlin

*