Re: Some info needed to advocate - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Some info needed to advocate
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
,
>Hi all,
>
>I have a couple of questions from some people interested in migrating
>to PostgreSQL and I lack some answers. Please can you help me answer
>the following questions:
>
>- are there native PostgreSQL drivers for Delphi and Crystal Reports?
>The people would like to avoid using ODBC.
>
>- about the planned Windows native version: is it going to be exactly
>the same or are there going to be some missing functionalities, what
>with it running on Windows and not Unix? Are there any major issues
>that can be expected?

The Windows port will be based on the exact same source, so it should
contain the same functionality. But since it's the first version for a
very different platform, there are sure to be some gotchas. I'm not
aware of any yet, though, and the goal is to have none.

We hope to catch all major issues before release, but that depends a lot
on how much testing it gets. And again, since it's a completely new
port, it will be less well-tested than the Unix versions.

//Magnus