Re: Euro OSCON, 18-21 Sept.

From: Magnus Hagander
Subject: Re: Euro OSCON, 18-21 Sept.
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Euro OSCON, 18-21 Sept.  (Matteo Beccati, )
 Re: Euro OSCON, 18-21 Sept.  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Euro OSCON, 18-21 Sept.  ("Magnus Hagander", )
   Positives from LInuxWorld  (mdean, )
    Re: Positives from LInuxWorld  ("Joshua D. Drake", )

> > looking to the schedule of the Euro OSCON, I found a couple of
> MySQL
> > related talks, but no one on PostgreSQL.
> >
> > http://conferences.oreillynet.com/euos2006/
>
> Yes, I heard the same thing.  Our contact people asked O'Reilly
> about it and O'Reilly says there are some PostgreSQL talks.
> Anyway, unlike last year, I am not planning to attend.

Really? I've spoken to several people who submitted PostgreSQL talks and
they were all rejected in the first round. And there are none on the
official agenda... I can also only find a bunch of MySQL talk and one
(or was it two) Oracle ones.

//Magnus