Positives from LInuxWorld - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From mdean
Subject Positives from LInuxWorld
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
1. Postgresql was there.
2. Enterprise DB and Greenplum were there.
3. While Sun was talking their big iron (this is a big iron show) they
were saying positives about postgresql as well.
4.  Several sophisticated vendors were talking up postgresql as an
essential and popular component of their user apps which mysql
architecture couldn't handle. More on that later.  Others are making
real efforts.
5. Spike Source people told me they want to certify a LAPP stack Real
Soon Now.

There is now two factor authentication devices for Linux by a Canadian
firm.  Let me know if you would like a special price on 5 devices.
Xen is looking dooable.
Finally, there is another Canadian company with 4u rack space available
in California for $250 with a 24/7 2Mb. pipe. flat rate.
MIchael