Re: intializing problem with postgresql-8.0.4-binaries-no-installer.zip - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: intializing problem with postgresql-8.0.4-binaries-no-installer.zip
Date
List pgsql-ports
> > I want to run the
> postgresql-8.0.4-binaries-no-installer.zip version
> > of the postgresql in windows 2000 environment. When I run initdb
> > command I got the following error message.
>
> > The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
>
> You cannot init or run the server from an admin account.  The
> easiest thing to do is create a user and add to 'backup
> operator' group.  Then do a runas to open command under that
> user context and do initdb.

I would strongly advise you *not* to use the Backup Operators group -
that's a potential security problem.

Instead, grant he account the "log on locally" user right, if you want
to run it with runas.

//Magnus