Re: Windows file path for copy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Windows file path for copy
Date
List pgsql-general
> Windows XP SP2 with Postgresql 8.0.3
> Two commands on fails the other succeeds:
>
> Fails :
>
> select import_sharedata('C:\\Documents and
> Settings\\Richard\\Desktop\\EzyChart-20050721');
>
> Succeeds:
>
> select import_sharedata('C:\\EzyChart-20050721');
>
> is it the spaces in the path that postgres does not like? If
> so how do I format the enquiry pls?
>
> Failure message indicates that It can not access the file.
> However the file is downloaded to my destop and thus has been
> created with my permissions.

I assume import_sharedate() is a server-side function. In this case, the
*service account* needs permissions, not you. And don't grant it to your
desktop - that's generallyi a bad idea :-) Use a shared dir somewhere
that both you and the service accoutn has permissions on.

//Magnus