Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Scheduale - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Scheduale
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Scheduale  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>Just to keep everyone in the loop at what we are looking at right now.
>
>RC4          - Packaged tonight, Announced Friday AM
>Full Release - Packaged Monday Night, PR/Announce Tuesday AM
>
>If *anyone* is sitting on something, plesae let us know ASAP ... I'm
>planning on packaging up RC4 tonight around 1am GMT (around
>9pm my time,
>around 5pm Josh's (Pacific) time, if I recall my time zone's correctly)

As long as the APPDATA-files-on-win32 is finished off, I'm fine. Seems
Tom is on that right now, so I don't doubti t will be.

Just a thought - considering it's just a weekend in between, isn't the
time between RC4 and release a little bit on the shortside? I mean, not
a lot of people will have time to test it "for real" in that time...
While there aren't any large changes, it never hurts to be on the safe
side?
(Remember - there is always a bit of a delay before packagers pick it
up. I know there is at least for the MSI package for windows, but I'm
sure there also is for RPM etc. So people running off those will have
even less time to test..)
I'm definitly not saying drag this out a long time, but perhaps two more
days or so?

//Magnus