Re: Porting/platforms/buildfarm open issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Porting/platforms/buildfarm open issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Honda Shigehiro <fwif0083@mb.infoweb.ne.jp> writes:
> So, I need a patch to build:
> bash-2.05b$ diff Makefile.osf.DIST Makefile.osf
> 4c4
> < rpath = -Wl,-rpath -Wl,$(rpathdir)
> ---
> > rpath = -rpath $(rpathdir)

OK; this simply reverts a cosmetic change I made awhile ago.  Evidently
that wasn't a good idea on all platforms after all :-(

> Due to odd behavior of 'mkdir -p' command, I got below error when 'make install':
>   mkdir -p -- /usr/local/pgsql/bin /usr/local/pgsql/share
>   mkdir: cannot create /usr/local/pgsql/share.

I think you ought to report this as a bug in the local version of mkdir.

> bash-2.05b$ diff backend/Makefile.DIST backend/Makefile
> 184c184
> <       $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(bindir) $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)
> ---
> >       $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(datadir) $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)

I'm not following the point of this change?