Re: Why is "osprey" dumping core in REL8_2 branch? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rémi Zara
Subject Re: Why is "osprey" dumping core in REL8_2 branch?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I know the answer :)

I tried to find the patch that caused the failure, and when doing so,
rechecking a build which had succeeded now failed. So this was an
environment problem.

The solution was to change the ulimit for data segment size. I hadn't
thought of that because I had originally enabled this conf because pg
would not otherwise BUILD...

Doesn't this mean that there is some place where the return value of
malloc is not checked for null ?

Regards,

Rémi Zara

Le 11 mars 07 à 08:32, Tom Lane a écrit :

> I wrote:
>> Rémi Zara <remi_zara@mac.com> writes:
>>> (gdb) info locals
>>> block = 0x4395000