Re: Why is "osprey" dumping core in REL8_2 branch? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why is "osprey" dumping core in REL8_2 branch?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rémi Zara <remi_zara@mac.com> writes:
> The solution was to change the ulimit for data segment size.

Oh really ...

> Doesn't this mean that there is some place where the return value of
> malloc is not checked for null ?

You can see for yourself that the value *is* checked in the routine
that's at issue --- see line 520 in 8.2's aset.c.  Also the gdb'ing
you did showed that a nonzero value had been returned.

I think what you're looking at is a platform-specific bug in malloc().