"duplicate key violates unique constraint" error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tamanna madaan
Subject "duplicate key violates unique constraint" error
Date
Re: "duplicate key violates unique constraint" error  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

 Hi All

I have a cluster setup with one master and one slave . Replication from master to slave is not taking place.

I am getting this error  “duplicate key violates unique constraint”  in my slon.log on slave . This error is thrown while

Slon is inserting a row in a table  on slave. This must be because of the reason that duplicate rows

are being returned while querying sl_log_1 table.  I googled about the same problem and found that

there is some bug in postgres due to which some table or index on that table gets corrupted. Due to this

duplicate rows are either stored in the table or  there are no duplicate rows but

duplicates are returned while querying the table.

 I am using postgres 8.1.2 and slony 1.1.5 .

Please suggest which version of postgres has fix for above mentioned problem.

Thanks…

Tamanna