Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/05/11 15:12, David Rowley wrote:
> Thanks for looking
>
> On 11 May 2018 at 17:48, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> By the way,
>>
>> +            !resultRelInfo->ri_PartitionRoot)
>>
>> This should be resultRelInfo->ri_PartitionRoot == NULL, because the above
>> gives an impression that ri_PartitionRoot is a Boolean.
>
> If this is some new coding rule, then that's the first I've heard of it.

No, I don't know of any official coding rule either.

> Scanning over the result of git grep -E "if \(!\w{1,}\)" it looks like
> we have a bit of cleanup work to do before we can comply.
>
> FWIW, I've previously been told off for the opposite.

OK, no problem if you would like to leave it the way it it as it may just
be a matter of personal preference.  I just told you what I recall being
told a few times and it was a bit easy to spot in such a small patch.

Thanks,
Amit