Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?
Date
Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for looking

On 11 May 2018 at 17:48, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> By the way,
>
> +            !resultRelInfo->ri_PartitionRoot)
>
> This should be resultRelInfo->ri_PartitionRoot == NULL, because the above
> gives an impression that ri_PartitionRoot is a Boolean.

If this is some new coding rule, then that's the first I've heard of it.

Scanning over the result of git grep -E "if \(!\w{1,}\)" it looks like
we have a bit of cleanup work to do before we can comply.

FWIW, I've previously been told off for the opposite.