Re: Making WAL receiver startup rely on GUC context for primary_conninfo and primary_slot_name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergei Kornilov
Subject Re: Making WAL receiver startup rely on GUC context for primary_conninfo and primary_slot_name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

> I was just double-checking the code, and it is possible to remove the
> part from RequestXLogStreaming() which sets slotname and conninfo to
> '\0', so I removed that part from my local branch to simplify the
> code.

Without both ready_to_display and cleaning in RequestXLogStreaming we do not show outdated PrimaryConnInfo in case
walreceiverjust started, but does not connected yet? While waiting walrcv_connect for example.

regards, Sergei