Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Has the policy on cross-posting to multiple lists been hardened recently?

The "Crash on ALTER TABLE" thread [1] started on -bugs, but Andrew's
message on 8 Jan with an initial proposed patch and my response later
that day both CC'ed -hackers and seem to have been rejected, and so
are missing from the archives.

In that case, it's not a big deal because subsequent replies included
the text from the missing messages, so it's still possible to follow
the discussion, but I wanted to check whether this was an intentional
change of policy. If so, it seems a bit harsh to flat-out reject these
messages. My prior understanding was that cross-posting, while
generally discouraged, does still sometimes have value.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAEZATCVqksrnXybSaogWOzmVjE3O-NqMSpoHDuDw9_7mhNpeLQ%40mail.gmail.com#2c25e9a783d4685912dcef8b3f3edd63

Regards,
Dean