Re: Making WAL receiver startup rely on GUC context forprimary_conninfo and primary_slot_name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Making WAL receiver startup rely on GUC context forprimary_conninfo and primary_slot_name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 05:38:53PM -0800, Donald Dong wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2019, at 4:47 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> That's much cleaner to me to clean up the field for safety before
>> starting the process.  When requesting a WAL receiver to start,
>> slotname and conninfo gets zeroed before doing anything, you are right
>> that we could do without it actually.
>
> Cool! I agree that cleaning up the field would make the logic cleaner.

I was just double-checking the code, and it is possible to remove the
part from RequestXLogStreaming() which sets slotname and conninfo to
'\0', so I removed that part from my local branch to simplify the
code.
--
Michael

Attachment