Re: version upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff
Subject Re: version upgrade
Date
Re: version upgrade  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: version upgrade  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 31, 2004, at 6:30 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Huh?    You can replicate onto the same server.    Kicks your
> performance in
> the teeth but it works fine.   Heck, I did it on my laptop as a demo.

Doesn't work If you have say, a 100GB db and only 50GB free space.
Not nearly enough to duplicate. But plenty of breathing room for normal
operation.

Various db's support in place upgrades. and I'm thankful I tried
Informix's out on a test db first because it simply scribbled over all
the data instead of upgrading. Support told me that can happen
sometimes.  COOL HUH?

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/