Re: Patch: incorrect array offset in backend replication tar header - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: incorrect array offset in backend replication tar header
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Ah, yeah, that should also work I guess. But you could also just leave
> the the data in the temporary tarfile the whole time. IIRC, you can
> just cat one tarfile to the end of another one, right?

Not if they're written according to spec, I think.  There is an EOF
marker consisting of 2 blocks of zeroes (which pg_dump is failing to
create correctly, but that's a bug not a feature).  Possibly you could
strip the EOF marker though, if the file join code is allowed to be
something smarter than "cat".