Re: PostgreSQL Upgrade Issue - Undefined Symbol Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Upgrade Issue - Undefined Symbol Error
Date
List pgsql-general
Vivek Gadge <vvkgadge56@gmail.com> writes:
> I am encountering an error after completion of PostgreSQL upgradation from
> version 13.8 to 15.6. Trying to describe a single table, I am receiving an
> error.

> psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQmblenBounded

This indicates that your psql executable is linking to an old version
of libpq.so.  (Running "ldd" on the psql file should confirm that.)
You may have a problem with the library search path being used by the
dynamic loader.

            regards, tom lane