PostgreSQL Upgrade Issue - Undefined Symbol Error

From
Vivek Gadge
Date:
Hi All,

I am encountering an error after completion of PostgreSQL upgradation from version 13.8 to 15.6. Trying to describe a single table, I am receiving an error.

psql -d xyz

-->> \dt student*

The error message is as follows:

```
psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQmblenBounded
```

Could you please assist in resolving this issue?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Gadge

Re: PostgreSQL Upgrade Issue - Undefined Symbol Error

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 8/15/24 04:03, Vivek Gadge wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am encountering an error after completion of PostgreSQL upgradation
> from version 13.8 to 15.6. Trying to describe a single table, I am
> receiving an error.
>
> psql -d xyz
>
> -->> \dt student*
>
> The error message is as follows:
>
> ```
> psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQmblenBounded
> ```
>
> Could you please assist in resolving this issue?

Best bet you are using the 13.8 version of psql to work on 15.6 instance
of Postgres.

Do

psql -V

to verify what you are running.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PostgreSQL Upgrade Issue - Undefined Symbol Error

Date:
Vivek Gadge <vvkgadge56@gmail.com> writes:
> I am encountering an error after completion of PostgreSQL upgradation from
> version 13.8 to 15.6. Trying to describe a single table, I am receiving an
> error.

> psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQmblenBounded

This indicates that your psql executable is linking to an old version
of libpq.so.  (Running "ldd" on the psql file should confirm that.)
You may have a problem with the library search path being used by the
dynamic loader.

            regards, tom lane