Re:Re: What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From 毛毛
Subject Re:Re: What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi Ron,

The notification I got had a link to the EDB site with a bunch of PostgreSQL installers listed. Thing is, I don't want to mess up my database.

What does PgAdmin have to do with your database?

I didn't know there was a standalone installer for pgAdmin.

This link brought me to this page: https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
I could not find a standalone installer for pgAdmin so I thought I can only upgrade via one of the all-in-one installer.

Hi Adrian,

How did you originally install pgAdmin4?
I started by clicking Download the installer on this page: PostgreSQL: Windows installers
I ran the installer downloaded and checked the box for pgAdmin during the installation.

Hi Anthony,

I do this often and have never had an issue. It avoids getting two versions of pgAdmin on your Windows machine.

This is exactly what I did. I carried out the installation exactly as described in your book.
What should I do after the uninstallation? Should I download and run installer available on: Download (pgadmin.org)

Thank you!