Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> I kicked off another test that includes the block number just before Tom
> suggested it, so I should have the block by tomorrow at the latest.  The
> range of runtime before crash is 3 to 14 hours so far.

Cool.  Once you get the crash, please also capture the contents of the
index's metapage --- pg_filedump or contrib/pageinspect's bt_metap()
should do.  If the problem page isn't the metapage itself, we'll need
that info to tell if it's the root.

Actually, it might be interesting to capture the content of the problem
page itself, too, if it isn't the metapage.  "pg_filedump -i -F" or
contrib/pageinspect's bt_page_stats() + bt_page_items() should show
anything useful.