Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load
Date
Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/24/12 11:10 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I wonder if you're having a hardware problem?

Always possible.  I didn't report this until I had replicated the crash
and seen exactly the same thing twice.  I've seen it crash on this
assertion 6 times now.  Bad hardware is not normally so consistent.

I do have another system that's almost identical to this one, except for
the hard drives.  If progress on tracking down the problem stalls I can
try to duplicate this on there.

I kicked off another test that includes the block number just before Tom
suggested it, so I should have the block by tomorrow at the latest.  The
range of runtime before crash is 3 to 14 hours so far.