Re: Running PostGre on DVD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pollard, Mike
Subject Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I explain myself about running PostGre as admin.
>
> In fact I don't want specifically run PostGre as admin. The problem
is, on
> the computers the application including PostGre will run, I'm not sure
> that
> the user won't have any admin or power user rights. Furthermore, I've
> noticed that on certain domains, any user created is automatically
added
> a default group having power user rights (that is actually happening
> me).

To be honest, the fact that Postgres forces you to run as a non-admin
user has given me nothing but headaches.  (yes, I know, the problem is
defaulting everyone to admin rights is the problem.  But that's where I
am).  I have been kicking around the idea of posting a change to allow
you to run as admin, but in the meanwhile if you can build Postgres on
your machine, the fix is very easy.  Go into src/backend/main/main.c and
find the line
    if (pgwin32_is_admin())

and change it to
    if (false && pgwin32_is_admin())

Mike Pollard
SUPRA Server SQL Engineering and Support
Cincom Systems, Inc