Pg_Dump Strange Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge E. Alvarez
Subject Pg_Dump Strange Error
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a PostgreSQL 6.5.3 database server working flawlessly under
Linux-Mandrake 7.0

However, when I try to use the pg_dump utility, I get this error:

#pg_dump myDatabase > backup.db

NOTICE:  get_groname: group 87 not found
getTables(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'pqReadData() --
backend
closed the channel unexpectedly.
        before or while processing the request.

Otherwise, this database has been working perfectly for many weeks (via
ODBC), but pg_dump still refuses to work. I installed from RPMs.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Jorge.

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com