Re: Feature branches merged to master for 2.8 release - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: Feature branches merged to master for 2.8 release
Date
List psycopg
On 10/15/2018 02:09 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM Christian Ferrari<camauz@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Daniele,
>> what about the "_get_native_connection()" ?
> That's the "capsule", and yes, I'd like to have it in 2.8. I think
> Federico has already code in a branch. I think we are only wondering
> whether to add one on the cursor to retrieve the native result. I
> think we should: it would have been useful e.g. in cases like #661. We
> have now exposing a way to retrieve the requested info but, if we had
> had the capsule with the PGresult pointer, the OP could have used
> ctypes or cffi to use the function from the libpq in the meantime.

Yes, I'll merge that tomorrow (no time today). I was for a name without
the underscore but the MySQL guy has a point where he says that the
client code should be warned that the driver can't guarantee API
stability in this case (what if PGconn changes?). So, maybe
`_get_native_connection()` is OK.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it