Re: Feature branches merged to master for 2.8 release - Mailing list psycopg

From Christian Ferrari
Subject Re: Feature branches merged to master for 2.8 release
Date
List psycopg

> Yes, I'll merge that tomorrow (no time today). I was for a name without
> the underscore but the MySQL guy has a point where he says that the
> client code should be warned that the driver can't guarantee API
> stability in this case (what if PGconn changes?). So, maybe
> `_get_native_connection()` is OK.

> federico

Dear Federico,
mysqlclient-python accepted the pull request
and the final method name for MySQLdb connection is "_get_native_connection()"

I'm ready to release LIXA 1.7.1 with XTA support for Python2/3 and PostgreSQL/MySQL/MariaDB, but currently I still have all the examples with
"get_native_connection()" for PostgreSQL
and
"_get_native_connection()" for MySQL/MariaDB

Do you mind if I fork the master branch of Psycopg2 and apply your changes? I would like to avoid a release with inconsistent method name that should be fixed as soon as Psycopg2 2.8 will be available.

Kind Regards
Ch.F.