Re: Feature branches merged to master for 2.8 release - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: Feature branches merged to master for 2.8 release
Date
List psycopg
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM Christian Ferrari <camauz@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniele,
> what about the "_get_native_connection()" ?

That's the "capsule", and yes, I'd like to have it in 2.8. I think
Federico has already code in a branch. I think we are only wondering
whether to add one on the cursor to retrieve the native result. I
think we should: it would have been useful e.g. in cases like #661. We
have now exposing a way to retrieve the requested info but, if we had
had the capsule with the PGresult pointer, the OP could have used
ctypes or cffi to use the function from the libpq in the meantime.

-- Daniele