looping over multirange segments? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben Chobot
Subject looping over multirange segments?
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm really, really liking the multirange types in PG14. Thank you for making them! Unfortunately I am struggling with how to loop over the segments of a multirange. There doesn't seem to be a way to convert them to arrays, and I can't just use plpgsql's FOREACH on one. Am I missing something obvious? It seems like a reasonable thing to want to do.

FWIW, my actual end goal is to take something like this:

select int8range(1,10)::int8multirange - int8range(4,6)::int8multirange;
    ?column?
 {[1,4),[6,10)}

...and turn it into this:

select ???;